The Yankees moved their spring-training operations from New Orleans to St. Petersburg in 1925—and just a few short months later they were putting down roots. As shown here, Yankees coach Miller Huggins, owner Jacob Ruppert and GM Ed Barrow collectively invested $26,000 toward three lots in a Pinellas County subdivision. The 5-page "Declaration of Trust" measures approximately 8x12 and exhibits EX to EX-MT condition overall with routine filing folds. Huggins' signature is a blue-ink "10" example, while Ruppert and Barrow are bold, black-ink "8-9" signatures. Ultimately, the Yankees spent the better part of the 1920s, 1930s, 1940s and 1950s in St. Pete, making this a seminal document in the franchise's distinguished history. Full LOA from JSA.
* This document is also signed four times by executive, Byron Clark.